Spring/Summer 2017 Trend Guide: Ruffles

              Hello loves and happy Tuesday! Today I wanted to talk a little about a trend that has been seen everywhere; on tops, skirts, pants, and even shoes, and that trend is ruffles. I didn't mention it in my previous post about the hottest trends this season, so I thought I would do a quick post about the popular trend. Ruffles was one of the trends that was a trending in 2016 and somehow made it's way into 2017. I love ruffles because it adds a feminine vibe to any garment. Below are some outfits that I paired together that has ruffles, to give you some ideas on how you can rock this look this season.

 A little about the garments I paired together below. The first look is a pink and white striped cropped top with ruffles on one side. This top is channeling both the ruffle trend and the one shoulder trend which is also trending this season. I paired the top with navy blue culottes, since navy is a neutral color that goes well with pink. Mules are another hot trend this season so, I paired this look with metallic pink mules, to add an extra pop to this look.

The second look is a pair of black shorts that has ruffles going down the front. This look gives a very Spanish, flamenco dancer vibe. I paired it with a gingham top that is also another hot item this season. I paired this look with black leather espadrilles.

Ruffles



Another staple this season are off the shoulder, cold shoulder, one shoulder, anything that is exposing the shoulders is trending this season. The third look is a one shoulder, off the shoulder dress, with ruffles. I love the look of this dress with the embroidered flowers on the ruffles. Because of the different colors that are embroidered on the dress, I paired the dress with red tasseled heels to bring out the red that is in the embroidery.

The last look features a stripped off the shoulder knit top and a ruffled wrap skirt. the skirt below can be found at www.loft.com or you can purchase a similar one from the Who What Wear collection at Target. I paired this look with a pair of black and beige ballet inspired flats by Sam Edelman. The ballet look is also trending this season, so I thought pairing it together would bring the entire look together.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and have a fabulous week!


 
 

Comments