Fall 2016 Fashion Trends

                  New York fashion week just wrapped up for Fall 2016 fashion trends. I pulled some of my favorite trends, that will be hot this fall. I love the fall season, because I get to wear boots and layering different looks together. I live in Florida, so I only get to enjoy Fall for two weeks LOL since it’s always warm down here. Let’s take a look at what’s hot this fall!

Chokers First stepped into the scene in the early 90’s, at least that’s when I remembered them lol. I had a pearl choker that I purchased for a wedding that I attended when I was 14 years old and I still have it now. Good thing I kept it because chokers are now on trend. The fun thing about fashion is it comes back around, so it’s fun to keep old pieces or inherit pieces from your parents.


Chokers



Where to buy: Matchstick choker , Missguided Metal Choker , Goddess Layered Choker , and Crescent Choker

Velvet, because of its unusual softness and appearance as well as its high cost of production, velvet has often been associated with nobility. This season you will see velvet in shoes, tops, purses, chokers, you name it. I’ve never been a big fan of velvet, but I do like velvet in shoes and chokers, so I’m excited about wearing it this season.

Velvet

         
Where to buy: Steve Madden Carrson Heels , Pleated Velvet skirt , Betsey Johnson Tuft handbag , and Pink Slouchy Velvet blazer

Blush was a hot color for spring, but it was on the runway for fall. Blush was paired with yellow on the runway in turtlenecks with dresses and trenches. You’re going to see a lot of this pink hue this fall.

Dusty Pink & Yellow Hues


Where to buy: Mustard turtleneck , Blush A line skirt , Steve Madden blush heels , and Pre owned Kate Spade handbag

Metallic- This season designers adorned the runway with precious metals, seen on gowns. Metallic were seen all over the runway and not just in accessories.
Metallic-Fall 2016


Where to buy: Steve Madden Skales Cage heels , Shimmer Pleated skirt , high low sweater , and Urban Oufitters shimmer top

Fur seems to be a staple for fall, with fur collars to add to jackets, fur boots, and fur vests. This fall you can find fur in fun colors and multi colors. Since blush is a hot color this season a pair of blush colored fur booties would be nice to complete a look.

Statement Fur


Where to buy:  Charles Jourdan grey booties , Stiletto Fur ball heels , Faux fur collar, and Multi Color fur vest

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Have fun trying out this fall's fashion trends, until next time!

Comments